Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Pause in Paris

My escape began in Paris (always escape with style) where I stayed over at my grandparents house. Grandpere and I always walk to the Jardin de la Muette where he fills my head with philosophy and advice about life:


His study is a shrine to his wide-ranging obsessions as he traveled the world throughout his life. Behind him, his shell collection:


At Charles de Gaul airport, Trishna was ahead of me on line. She became my first friend in India:


Trishna fell asleep on my shoulder half way through the flight. Is this normal in India?


She's going to show me her University, and her brother is really excited to hang out. Maybe tomorrow?

At a certain point, it starts dawning on me that I traveling far from any place I've been before:

Following in the footsteps of my Grandfather?

No comments: