Friday, July 25, 2008

Partying in Istanbul for Dummies

I am staying in the heart of Istambul at the posh apartment of my old college friend, the lovely Nazli:

Nazli is at the eye of the storm of the young, ultra-Western Turkish intelligentsia. Her phone rings constantly with calls from friends, media outlets, and NGOs. She invited me to watch her give a radio interview on the technological transformation of Turkey:

She's also described her fascinating and precarious position as an well-known defender of free speach in a country that banned youtube for political reasons.

Oh. And these intelligentsia kids know how to party... every... night... of the week...



These pictures don't really capture it (I didn't want to take pictures), but it's crazy. I can't keep up with these kids.

No comments: